FCP X: Create a 2-Color Chroma-key Effect [video]
[This is an excerpt from a recent on-line video webinar: “Green Screen: From Production to Post” which you can download in our store, or as part of our Video Training Library.]
Green-screen effects, also called “chroma-key effects,” allow us to easily insert a foreground actor, or any other object, into a different background. But, exactly, how do you do this? We’ve all seen “behind-the-scenes” footage of giant green-screen stages, with vast crews and big budgets. But, what if your means are more modest? That’s where this session can help.
Our goal is to bring our cameras into the studio and show how to create these special effects from production to post. Join host, Larry Jordan, as he illustrates a variety of production techniques to create green screen footage, then creates finished effects using Apple Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
This session covers:
- How to create green screen backgrounds using video monitors
- How to create a green screen background using a drop cloth
- How to light a green screen
- How to light talent in front of a green-screen
- How to create dramatic lighting on green-screen talent
- How to use garbage mattes to control the area to be keyed
- How to reposition and scale a foreground actor
- How to use Final Cut Pro X to create green-screen effects
- How to use Premiere Pro CC to create green-screen effects
- And much more
In this short video excerpt, Larry shows how to create an eye-catching visual effect using a 2-color chroma key in Final Cut Pro X.
Create a 2-Color Chroma-key Effect
TRT: 2:53 — MPEG-4 HD movie
Our website offers lots more video training in our store.
Bookmark the permalink
NEW & Updated!
Edit smarter with Larry’s latest training, all available in our store.
Access over 1,900 on-demand video editing courses. Become a member of our Video Training Library today! JOIN NOW
Subscribe to Larry's FREE weekly newsletter and save 10%
on your first purchase.