Apple Updates Final Cut Pro X
Today, Apple released an update to Final Cut Pro X to version 10.1.4, which includes some key stability improvements.
Apple also released the Pro Video Formats 2.0 software update, which provides native support for importing, editing, and exporting MXF files with Final Cut Pro X. While FCP X already supported import of MXF files from video cameras, this update extends the format support to a broader range of files and workflows.
Here is a summary of what’s new in version 10.1.4:
- Native MXF import, edit, and export with Pro Video Formats 2.0 software update
- Option to export AVC-Intra MXF files
- Fixes issues with automatic library backups
- Fixes a problem where clips with certain frame rates from Canon and Sanyo cameras would not import properly
- Resolves issues that could interrupt long imports when App Nap is enabled
- Stabilization and Rolling Shutter reduction works correctly with 240fps video
For more information about the new MXF support, you can view the following article: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6423
I’m downloading my copy now and will let you know what else I learn in next week’s newsletter.
Bookmark the permalink
Final Cut Pro X 10.4
Edit smarter with Larry’s brand-new webinars, all available in our store.
Access over 1,900 on-demand video editing courses. Become a member of our Video Training Library today! JOIN NOW
Subscribe to Larry's FREE weekly newsletter and save 10%
on your first purchase.