Apple Updates Final Cut Pro to version 10.4.3
Today, Apple released a minor update to Final Cut Pro to version 10.4.3.
Apple’s release notes indicate the following changes:
- Support for viewing and editing ProRes RAW files from DJI Inspire 2 drone with the DJI D-Log setting
- Fixes an issue where some 25 fps-interlaced MXF files may display incorrectly
- Fixes an issue in which using Option-drag to duplicate clips in the timeline could move them later in the timeline
- Fixes an issue that caused some Panasonic P2 video files to be imported with mixed-down audio channels
- Fixes an issue in which English keyboard shortcuts were incorrectly applied to other languages
- Exported audio with certain plug-ins applied plays correctly
- Deleting unused render files from a Compound clip in the browser works correctly
A couple of weeks ago, Apple released another bug fix update – 10.4.2 – which:
- Fixes an issue in which selecting multiple clips using the Shift key or marquee selection could inadvertently select other clips in the timeline
- Fixes an issue in which XML import may not preserve color effect and color board settings
- Dragging events between libraries no longer uses XML and correctly copies all settings and media
- Removes unnecessary settings that were included in XML 1.7 export
The update is free and available through the Mac App Store.
Commentary: In general, I recommend not upgrading if you are near the end of a project; finish the project, then upgrade. As well, it is generally wise to wait a week or two to see if any new problems surface before upgrading. However, both these versions seem relatively minor, so I do not expect there to be any significant issues with the update.
Bookmark the permalink
Final Cut Pro X 10.4
Edit smarter with Larry’s brand-new webinars, all available in our store.
Access over 1,900 on-demand video editing courses. Become a member of our Video Training Library today! JOIN NOW
Subscribe to Larry's FREE weekly newsletter and save 10%
on your first purchase.